TRUFFLE HUNTING & Wine LUNCH
Just few minutes from FLORENCE
At RUFFINO, WS's TOP 100 winery
Received by expert truffle hunter in a Renaissance Villa near Florence, move on a walk to the wood. After the experiences as treasures hunters, you’ll savor traditional Tuscan dishes accompanied by a different wine for each course
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- TRUFFLES… and your treasures hunting with professionals in the choreographic woods of Chianti near florence, different in every season.
- A special wine-truffle pairing LUNCH with Ruffino’s Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wines.
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – Tenuta Poggio Casciano – Bagno a Ripoli – (Florence)
- TRUFFLE HUNTING: enjoy walking in the choreographic Tuscan woods, exploring every corner, searching for the King of the table
- Guided tour of the entire winery.
- LUNCH with appetizer, first course, second course and dessert: savor traditional Tuscan dishes accompanied by a different wine for each course (Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 supertuscan MODUS included).
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- TRUFFLE HUNTING: enjoy walking in the choreographic Tuscan woods, exploring every corner, searching for the King of the table.
- Truffle is Gold… become treasures hunters!!!… Just few minutes from Ponte Vecchio in Florence.
- For this absolutely exclusive and private experience you’ll be received by an expert truffle hunter (English speaking…) in our Renaissance Villa of Poggio Casciano (near Florence) immersed in hectares of centuries-old woods with natural truffle grounds where your truffle hunting will take place. From here we move on a walk to the most suitable wood according to the season.
- After the experiences as “treasures hunters”, our guests will savor traditional Tuscan dishes accompanied by a different wine for each course (Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 supertuscan MODUS included).
- LUNCH with appetizer, first course, second course and dessert.
- Ruffino winery was born in 1877, in the village of Pontassieve, on the outskirts of Florence with the dream of creating the “ideal wine”. In the 1960s Ruffino is a symbol of the “Dolce Vita” in Italy and abroad, and enlivens the tables of Charles De Gaulle, King Gustav of Sweden and Queen Elizabeth.
- When Chianti becomes a DOCG it is a bottle of Chianti Ruffino that carries the first band number AAA00000001.
- Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 Supertuscan MODUS was born in the 90s, destined to wonderfully represent the Supertuscan category in the years to come.
- Our estate open for hospitality is the Renaissance villa of Poggio Casciano, very close to Florence but immersed in the enchanting Chianti hills. Here unique experiences are created, all followed by our Brand Ambassadors, a team of passionate and experienced people.
- The name ‘Casciano’ is said to derive from Cassius, a commander in the ancient Roman Empire army who was granted large land holdings in the region. At this estate, antiquity and modernity bled beautifully. A 14th century villa with classic Tuscan terra cotta and ochre exterior overlooks scenic vineyards and serves as Ruffino‘s main visitor center. The lovely gardens and courtyard complete the visitor experience.
- Innovation also finds a place here. An underground barrique tunnel connects the villa with the newer winery buildings where we conduct extensive soil and climate research.
- In the RESTAURANT Le Tre Rane (in honor of Leonardo da Vinci) the chef Stefano Frassineti personally chooses the raw materials, which must be strictly seasonal and local. The tasting menu therefore changes every month and includes an appetizer, a first course, a second course and a dessert.
- Each dish is paired with a different Ruffino wine, to offer our guests a truly unique sensory experience that is impossible elsewhere.
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
ADULT (age >18): 345 € per person (if 2 people), 235 € per person (if 3 people), 175 € per person (if 4 people), 175 € per person (if 5 people), 175 € per person (if 6 people), 175 € per person (if 7 people), 175 € per person (if 8 people) – MINOR (age 6-17): 120 € per person – INFANT (age 0-5): FREE
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 800 € – from FLORENCE (10 hrs): 500 – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 710 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 600 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1.150 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts lasts about 3-4 (three-four) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: Reservations close 30 days before event – NOTE: no payment at the “booking” because each booking request must be confirmed, only after confirmation the customer pays a deposit of 30% – BALANCE 100% within 7 days before the event. Refund of the deposit 30% if the customer cancels within 7 days (or before the balance) – refund of 70% (we keep 30% of the total) of the entire amount paid if the customer cancels less than 7 days but more than 48 hours from the event – no refund if the customer cancels within 48 hours or if he does not show up- 100% refund of the amount paid if the company cancels at any time.