Private Sommelier & Chef
for Tommasi POGGIO al TUFO Rompicollo
Sangiovese-Cabernet Sauvignon Toscana
Out of print EXPERIENCE created ONLY for WFTI guests. Taste the last “wild” land of Tuscany, a land of volcanoes and mysterious ancient peoples. Absolutely private tasting with dedicated professional sommelier to teach you the basic secrets of the professionals, plus a wine pairing traditional Tuscan lunch, in the rustic style
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Professional sommelier and a professional chef opening the farm exclusively for YOU
- Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 # 31 wine “Poggio al Tufo – Rompicollo”, in a special tasting guided by a professional sommelier
- Wine-pairing-lunch with the same protagonist.
- Out of print EXPERIENCE created ONLY for WFTI guests.
- So, absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – Pitigliano (the little Jerusalem of Tuscany) (Grosseto)
- Introductory lesson on the professional style of wine tasting
- Lunch, prepared on site especially for WFTI guests.
- LUNCH: different traditional courses, as test the food pairing of previously tasted wines
- Visit the nearby town of Pitigliano (if our guests have enough time)
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- Out of print EXPERIENCE created ONLY for WFTI guests.
- The ultimate in exclusivity: a professional Sommelier will come down from the headquarters of the Tommasi wine galaxy in Valpolicella specifically to accompany you on the discovery of the magnificent supertuscan “Poggio al Tufo – Rompicollo” (Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 # 31) and his powerful brothers (“Poggio al Tufo – Vermentino”,“Poggio al Tufo – Alicante”,“Poggio al Tufo – Cabernet Sauvignon”).
- The tasting will be complemented by an introductory lesson on the professional style of tasting such important wines.
- At the end of the tasting lesson we will move on to lunch, prepared on site especially for WFTI guests.
- LUNCH consisting of different traditional courses, in the rustic style of the Maremma area and will be an opportunity to test the pairing of previously tasted wines with foods from the same territory, always accompanied by your personal Sommelier.
- Finally, if our guests have enough time, we can visit the nearby town of Pitigliano, a spectacular example of a village of ancient origins that develops more underground than above, dug into that volcanic rock (called TUFO) which is also the secret of Poggio al Tufo wines.
- Another absolutely exclusive experience created and tailor-made by our expert Marco “Doctor Tuscany” Tenerini.
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
ADULT (age >18): 400 € per person – MINOR (age 6-17): 320 € per person – INFANT (age 0-5): Not Allowed
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 1.165 € – from CIVITAVECCHIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 580 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 950 – from ROME (12 hrs): 900 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts lasts about 3-4 (three-four) hours (plus, if required, the visit of Pitigliano) and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: because this is an out of print EXPERIENCE created ONLY for WFTI guests, reservations close 30 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, BALANCE at 7 days – refund of the deposit 30% if the customer cancels within 7 days (or before the balance) – no refunds if the customer cancels within 7 days or if he doesn’t show up – 100% refund of the amount paid if the company cancels at any time.