The MEDICI's Extra Virgin Olive OIL
The GRASSI dynasty: olive oil producers
in CHIANTI for 500 years
The Grassi family, licensed olive growers by the Medici of Florence in 1563, welcomes you in the world of Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Learn all the secrets of Extra Virgin Olive Oil directly from one of the most awarded producers in the world
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Giacomo Grassi’s range of Monovarietal Extra Virgin Olive Oils tasting
- Dr. Giacomo Grassi, Ph.D. in Agronomic Sciences, storytelling-class on EVO
- Gorgeous classic full Tuscan LUNCH, tailor-made for pairing whith Giacomo’s Oil…
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – Greve in CHIANTI – (Florence)
- Dr. Giacomo Grassi, Ph.D., will guide you in a private lesson on EVO
- Receive a wooden box with monovarietal oils (6 bottles of 250 ml.).
- LUNCH: menu with a selection of classic Tuscan dishes for the perfect match with Giacomo Grassi’s range of Monovarietal Oils
- Lunch wine-pairing with Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wines.
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- The Grassi family, licensed olive growers by the Medici of Florence in 1563, welcomes you in the world of Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Learn all the secrets of Extra Virgin Olive Oil directly from one of the most awarded producers in the world
- You will be welcomed upon your arrival in the “Enoteca” in the heart of the Chianti Classico village, Greve in Chianti, by Dr. Giacomo Grassi, Ph.D. in Agronomic Sciences.
- Giacomo is the last descendant of the Grassi family and continues the family agricultural tradition that dates back to the olive growers’ licenses granted to the Grassi by the Medici of Florence in 1563 !!! We are convinced that there are no equally renowned oil producers in the world today. After all, Giacomo holds the honor of his family and of its history very high, stubbornly producing only single variety oils, convinced that only in this way can their various characteristics be fully appreciated.
- Experts around the world prove him right by awarding him an endless list of awards every year.
- Giacomo will guide you in a private lesson to discover the mysterious world of extra virgin olive oil, accompanying his story with practical examples with his oils for tasting.
- Before sitting down at the end of the lesson in the dining room you will be given (one for each adult) a wooden box containing six of the monovarietal oils that you have learned to appreciate, judge and use (6 bottles of 250 ml.).
- Menu with a selection of classic Tuscan dishes for the perfect match with Giacomo Grassi’s range of Monovarietal Oils, which will allow you to understand and personally test the importance of oil as a real ingredient in the kitchen.
- MENU: you will be welcomed at the table by a fresh aperitif (Tuscan sparkling wine or Tuscan cocktail)
- Appetizers: Crostone of Tuscan black cabbage cream and Tuscan white beans, chickpea flan with rosemary
- First courses: Tuscan soup (pappa col pomodoro, ribollita, etc. ), pasta with seasonal vegetables (e.g. artichokes, courgettes, yellow squash)
- Main courses: Enoteca carpaccio with marinated egg and soncino, sliced beef with Tuscan white beans
- Dessert: Rustic Walnut Cake (to be seasoned).
- To complete the experience of absolute “Tuscanity”, each of the three main courses will be paired with a glass of different Tuscan wine, chosen by the sommelier of the “Enoteca” from among wines that have been in the Wine Spectator’s TOP 100.
- In conclusion, after coffee , you will be served a digestive liqueur, obviously handcrafted in Tuscany !!!
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
ADULT (age >18): 200 € per person (Includes 1 wooden box with 6 bottles of 250 ml. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil) – MINOR (age 6-17): 60 € per person – INFANT (age 0-5): FREE
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 850 € – from FLORENCE (10 hrs): 520 – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 760 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 600 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1.150 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3-4 (three-four) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: Reservations close 7 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, BALANCE at 48 hours – refund of the deposit 30% if the customer cancels within 48 hours (or before the balance) – no refunds if the customer cancels within 48 hours or if he doesn’t show up – 100% refund of the amount paid if the company cancels at any time.