The BUTCHER you don't expect
Tuscan butcher with a touch of madness
Sergio Falaschi's tour & lunch
See the spices work, prepare the sausages just like in the Middle Ages, including the Mallegato of San Miniato (bitter-sweet preparation of spiced pork blood) (certified by Slow Food, the most prestigious Italian association regarding typical products).
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Sergio Falaschi, obviously, the “crazy” butcher (but not too much …) himself
- Mallegato of San Miniato: bitter-sweet spiced pork blood…
- Variuos traditional Tuscan cold cuts
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – San Miniato (PISA)
- Guided tour (in English) at the modern laboratory
- See the spices work, see prepare the sausages just like in the Middle Ages
- LUNCH at a nice table on a PANORAMIC TERRACE
- MENU (with pairing of TOP 100 wines by Wine Spectator)
- Experience NOT for animal rights fighters and / or vegetarians or vegans
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- See how medieval cured meats are produced, the enjoy the butcher’s lunch in panoramic terrace
- Mallegato of San Miniato: bitter-sweet spiced pork blood… see how it’s made and enjoy it in a wonderful lunch
- Guided tour (in English) at the modern laboratory located in the San Miniato valley where the meats are processed and seasoned.
- You will see the spices work, see prepare the sausages just like in the Middle Ages, including the Mallegato of San Miniato (bitter-sweet preparation of spiced pork blood) (certified by Slow Food, the most prestigious Italian association regarding typical products). You will be able to see parts of the transformation or sectioning, make videos and photos but you will not be able to interact with food (for obvious reasons of product hygiene).
- LUNCH follows at a nice table on the PANORAMIC TERRACE at the back of the Butcher’s shop in the historic center of San Miniato.
- Example of a MENU (with pairing of TOP 100 wines by Wine Spectator)
– Appetizer of COLD CUTS from the Falaschi butcher’s shop (absolutely without chemical preservatives), including Spuma di Gota and Mallegato.
– First course of fresh pasta Tagliolino with Ragù of VEAL “Chianina I.G.P.”
– Sliced VEAL“Chianina I.G.P.” with seasonal side dish, or, in the right season in which they are produced, hot LIVERS.
– Dessert (classic Tuscan almond cookies “cantucci”) with Vinsanto (artisanal raisin wine).
NOTE: experience NOT for animal rights fighters and / or vegetarians or vegans, as you will see work meat from animals and eat meat.
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
ADULT (age >18): 119 € per person – MINOR (age 11-17): 49 € per person – CHILD (age 6-10): 21 € per person – INFANT (age 0-5): FREE
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 810 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 625 € – from GENOA cruise Port (8 hrs): 805 €- from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 630 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port(8 hrs): 485 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1.215 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3 (three) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: Reservations close 7 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, total balance within 72 hours – NO refunds if canceled by the guest, FULL refund if canceled by the company.