Tenuta Sette Ponti in WS TOP 100
Toscana CROGNOLO & Toscana ORENO
Da Vinci’s Monna Lisa (the Gioconda)
History makes sense: Etruscans, Romans, the Medicis, the Princesses of Savoia-Aosta… all winemakers HERE. Personal guest of the owners, have lunch facing the landscape that’s on the background of Leonardo Da Vinci’s Monna Lisa (the Gioconda).
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 (for FIVE times and #5 in 2005 ) “Toscana Oreno”
- His brother “Toscana Crognolo”
- The pairing-lunch with the private chef at the villa of the owners.
- Absolutely exclusive, PRIVATE and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY, Chianti area – San Giustino Valdarno (Arezzo)
- Welcome drink at the historic (centenary vines) Vigna dell’Impero with Champagne Grand Tour
- Walk in the vineyards and visit the cellar
- Professional vertical tasting of Oreno which will include the 2003 vintage (# 5 in 2005 in Wine Spectator TOP 100)
- Wine pairing LUNCH in the private villa with the property,
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- The Sette Ponti Estate is located in the Chianti, between Arezzo and Florence, and takes its name from the number of bridges that cross the river Arno between the two cities. The first of these bridges, the Buriano Bridge can been seen in the background of Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa.
- History makes sense: Etruscans, Romans, the Medicis, the Princesses of Savoia-Aosta… all winemakers HERE.
- Personal guest of the owners in their private Villa, have lunch facing the legendary landscape that’s on the background of Leonardo Da Vinci’s Monna Lisa (the Gioconda)
- Upon your arrival you will be greeted by the owners (if present in the company, otherwise by a specialized guide, speaking English) with a welcome drink at the historic (centenary vines) Vigna dell’Impero with Champagne Grand Tour (produced with pride by Antonio Moretti himself…) and a selection of cheese, breadsticks and focaccia (in the summer). In winter, however, the aperitif will be served in front of the fireplace in the “Hall of Ceremonies” of Vigna di Pallino.
- We will then shoot Polaroids visiting the vineyards (on which the owners will write a dedication in memory of your welcome visit).
- Walk in the vineyards and visit the cellar with a technician who will show you all the secrets of this company, all based on passion and quality.
- Transfer to Villa il Crognolo for a professional vertical tasting of Oreno which will include the 2003 vintage (# 5 in 2005 in Wine Spectator TOP 100), Oreno 2010 (94 pts by Wine Spectator), Oreno 2015 (# 1 in the Best Italian Wine Awards) in the “Ballroom Hall”.
- LUNCH in the private villa with the property, consisting of exclusively seasonal fresh ingredients, with organic products from the garden and with game from the estate’s hunting reserve.
- A mini-cooking-show: you can watch the preparation of lunch in the kitchen with our chef.
- The menu, which follows a seasonal variability, includes: first course (gnocchi or homemade tagliatelle), main course with side dish, dessert. Wine pairing: Vigna dell’Impero 2016 and Oreno 2017, plus a surprise tasting (which could be a barrel sample, a preview usually reserved for journalists, a new wine, the passito, our wine of the Twentieth anniversary … or, who knows?).
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
1 ADULT (age >18): 485 € per person – MINOR (age 6-17): 45 € per person – CHILD (age 0-5): free
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 915 € – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 845 – € from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 710 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 710 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1.050 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3 (three) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: Reservations close 3 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, BALANCE within 3 days – 100% refund if the customer cancels up to 7 days before the event – 30% refund up to 2 days before – no refund in the previous 24 hours or if the customer does not show up.