SIMONE SANTINI in WS TOP 100
VERNACCIA di San Gimignano
TENUTA Le CALCINAIE
Taste one of the few Tuscan WHITE wines in Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 facing the landscape (and the “skyline”…) we usually find in the masterpieces of the Renaissance painting.
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano, Wine Spectator’s TOP 100
- Just some of the judgements of the other 6 wines in tasting: Wine Spectator 90 pts. & Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 – Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate (Monica Larner) 90+ pts. – Vinous (Antonio Galloni) 90 pts. – Wine Enthusiast (Kerin O’Keefe) 92 pts. – Intravino 92 pts.
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – San Gimignano (Siena)
- PRIVATE visit of vineyards and cellars
- Wine tasting of 7 bottles (each with more than 90 pts…)
- Wine tasting of Vernaccia di San Gimignano, Wine Spectator’s TOP 100
- Light lunch during the tasting… so, NOT so light,believe me: cold cuts, honey, cheeses and delicious Tuscan bruschetta topped with our extra vergine olive oil
- everything looking at the city of San Gimignano (called the Manhattan of the Middle Ages for its incredible skyline of skyscraper towers)
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- Taste one of the few Tuscan WHITE wines in Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 facing “the Manhattan of the Middle Ages”. It’s a really peculiar experience, a TOP 100 WHITE and the landscape that we usually find in the masterpieces of the Renaissance painting.
- You will be welcomed by Simone Santini and his partner (native English speaker) will guide you on a visit to the winery and will make you taste the selection of wines from Tenuta Le Calcinaie that have obtained more than 90 points in the judgments of international experts … 7 magnificent bottles, starting with Vernaccia di San Gimignano Wine Spectator’s TOP 100
- A tasting accompanied by the right Tuscan food designed to enhance the characteristics of these wines: cold cuts, honey, cheeses and delicious Tuscan bruschetta topped with our extra vergine olive oil.
- The tasting takes place in the suggestive winegrowing area, surrounded by the green vineyards and olive trees with the beautiful city of San Gimignano (called the Manhattan of the Middle Ages for its incredible skyline of skyscraper towers) that dominates in the background.
- Just some of the judgements: Wine Spectator 90 pts. – Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 – Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate (Monica Larner) 90+ pts. – Vinous (Antonio galloni9 90 pts. – Wine Enthusiast (Kerin O’Keefe) 92 pts. – Intravino 92 pts.
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
ADULT (age >18): 70 € per person – MINOR (age 6-17): 25 € per person – INFANT (age 0-5): FREE
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 870 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 670 – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 685 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 535 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1.150 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3-4 (three-four) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: reservations close 7 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, BALANCE at 7 days – refund of the deposit 30% if the customer cancels within 7 days (or before the balance) – refund of half of the full amount paid if the customer cancels less than 7 days but more than 48 hours from the event – no refunds if the customer cancels within 48 hours or if he doesn’t show up – 100% refund of the amount paid if the company cancels at any time.