Wine tour at SCACCIADIAVOLI
Montefalco Sagrantino in WS's TOP 100
San Francesco & the Devil
Umbria is a land of religion and magic, of San Francesco and devils, and wine used as a potion by exorcists. Feel the high spirituality and rustic energy of a wine unknown to most but appreciated like few others by experts.
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Exclusively for WFTI guests, the 2011 vintage of Montefalco Sagrantino Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 will be tasted.
- Spumante Brut classic method white and rosé
- Montefalco Grechetto and Montefalco Bianco
- Montefalco Rosso and Montefalco Sagrantino dry
- Magnificent Sagrantino Passito dessert wine
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: UMBRIA (the green hearth of Italy, just outside Tuscany…) – Montefalco – (Perugia)
- Light-wine-lunch with Umbrian traditional country food in pairing (not so “light”, belive me…)
- Exclusively for WFTI guests, tasting of the 2011 vintage of Montefalco Sagrantino in Wine Spectator’s TOP 100
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- Umbria is a land of religion and magic, of San Francesco and devils, and wine used as a potion by exorcists.
- Feel the high spirituality and rustic energy of a wine unknown to most but appreciated like few others by experts.
- Our guests will be welcomed into the winery and will be accompanied and guided for the duration of the experience (which will take place in PRIVATE mode) by the expert in charge of visits and tastings at Scacciadiavoli winery. We’ll begin with an introduction to the history and production philosophy of the winery, then moving on to a visit to the vineyards, production facilities and the cellar.
- The wine tasting will take place in a light-wine-guided lunch mode and includes:
- Spumante Brut classic method white and rosé, paired with burrata and anchovies and focaccia with ham.
- Montefalco Grechetto and Montefalco Bianco, paired with pinzimonio and legume salad with bruschetta with Umbrian extra virgin olive oil.
- Montefalco Rosso and Montefalco Sagrantino dry from the last three vintages available, paired with cold cuts from lombetto, capocollo, fresh and seasoned pecorino from Norcia.
- In this phase, exclusively for WFTI guests, the 2011 vintage of Montefalco Sagrantino Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 will be tasted.
- To conclude on a sweet note, the magnificent Sagrantino Passito and an Umbrian artisan dessert.
- Founded in 1884, the Scacciadiavoli (from scacciare – to banish, and diavoli – devils) winery takes its name from an exorcist that lived in a town at the borders of the property who used the wine for his rituals.
- The winery was conceived by Prince Ugo Boncompagni Ludovisi as a wine “industry”: an imposing oenological complex, highly advanced for its age, and today the Pambuffetti family is baldly going on in the future centuries with the proudness of being one of the few Italian Wine Spectator’s TOP 100.
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
ADULT (age >18): 80€ per person – MINOR (age 6-17): 30 € per person – INFANT (age 0-5): FREE
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 1.100 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 950 – from CIVITAVECCHIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 650 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 810 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts lasts about 3-4 (three-four) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: reservations close 5 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, BALANCE at 5 days – refund of the deposit 30% if the customer cancels within 5 days (or before the balance) – refund of half of the full amount paid if the customer cancels less than 5 days but more than 48 hours from the event – no refunds if the customer cancels within 48 hours or if he doesn’t show up – 100% refund of the amount paid if the company cancels at any time.