PRO wine tasting from BARREL
Toscana Modus RUFFINO WS TOP 100
Wine pairing Tuscan LUNCH
Professional exclusive tasting directly from the barrique barrel, professional tasting of limited edition wines, wine-pairing Tuscan lunch. The most complete and immersive, like professionals, Tuscan wine experience…
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Exclusive professional tasting directly FROM the barrique BARREL of the aging wine.
- Private tasting of 4 prestigious wines, also in limited edition
- Full Tuscan LUNCH with taylor-made wine pairing
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – Tenuta Poggio Casciano – Bagno a Ripoli – (Florence)
- Visit to the vineyard
- Guided tour of the entire winery.
- Unique and exciting tasting FROM the BARRIQUE of the aging wine.
- LUNCH with appetizer, first course, second course and dessert, in the RESTAURANT Le Tre Rane (in honor of Leonardo da Vinci)
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- Enjoy a professional exclusive tasting directly from the barrique barrel, professional tasting of limited edition wines and a wine-pairing Tuscan lunch.
- The most complete and immersive, like professionals, Tuscan wine experience…
- Exclusive professional tasting directly from the barrique barrel…
- Unique and exciting tasting from the barrique of the aging wine.
- Ruffino proposes this experience to better understand the evolution of wine step by step: from the vineyard to the glass.
- Guests will have the opportunity to feel at one with the Poggio Casciano terroir starting from a visit to the vineyard up to a special tasting from the barrique.
- Followed by tasting of 4 prestigious wines, also in limited edition, together with our extra virgin olive oil accompanied by a selection of local products.
- After the tasting experiences, guests will sit at La Locanda Le Tre Rane Ruffino and savor traditional Tuscan dishes accompanied by a different wine for each course (Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 supertuscan MODUS included).
- LUNCH with appetizer, first course, second course and dessert.
- In the RESTAURANT Le Tre Rane (in honor of Leonardo da Vinci) the chef Stefano Frassineti personally chooses the raw materials, which must be strictly seasonal and local. The tasting menu therefore changes every month and includes an appetizer, a first course, a second course and a dessert.
- Each dish is paired with a different Ruffino wine, to offer our guests a truly unique sensory experience that is impossible elsewhere.
- Ruffino winery was born in 1877, in the village of Pontassieve, on the outskirts of Florence with the dream of creating the “ideal wine”. In the 1960s Ruffino is a symbol of the “Dolce Vita” in Italy and abroad, and enlivens the tables of Charles De Gaulle, King Gustav of Sweden and Queen Elizabeth.
- When Chianti becomes a DOCG it is a bottle of Chianti Ruffino that carries the first band number AAA00000001.
- Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 Supertuscan MODUS was born in the 90s, destined to wonderfully represent the Supertuscan category in the years to come.
- Our estate open for hospitality is the Renaissance villa of Poggio Casciano, very close to Florence but immersed in the enchanting Chianti hills. Here unique experiences are created, all followed by our Brand Ambassadors, a team of passionate and experienced people.
- The name ‘Casciano’ is said to derive from Cassius, a commander in the ancient Roman Empire army who was granted large land holdings in the region. At this estate, antiquity and modernity bled beautifully. A 14th century villa with classic Tuscan terra cotta and ochre exterior overlooks scenic vineyards and serves as Ruffino‘s main visitor center. The lovely gardens and courtyard complete the visitor experience.
- Innovation also finds a place here. An underground barrique tunnel connects the villa with the newer winery buildings where we conduct extensive soil and climate research.
- OPTIONAL JOURNEY:
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location.
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
ADULT (age >18): 240 € per person (if 2 people), 160 € per person (if 3 people), 120 € per person (if 4 people), 120 € per person (if 5 people), 120 € per person (if 6 people), 120 € per person (if 7 people), 120 € per person (if 8 people) – MINOR (age 6-17): 35 € per person – INFANT (age 0-5): FREE
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 800 € – from FLORENCE (10 hrs): 500 – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 710 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 600 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1.150 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3-4 (three-four) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: Reservations close 3 days before event – NOTE: no payment at the “booking” because each booking request must be confirmed, only after confirmation the customer pays a deposit of 30% – BALANCE 100% within 48 hours before the event. Refund of the 30% deposit if the customer cancels within 48 hours (or before the balance). No refunds if the customer cancels within 48 hours or if he doesn’t show up – 100% refund of the amount paid if the company cancels at any time.