I GREPPI Bolgheri GREPPICANTE
J. Suckling: Greppicaia, decadent, 94pts
J. Suckling: Greppicante, full body, 93pts
We are a group of wine lovers, scientists, geologists, economists and horticulturalists, who think about wine making differently. Every drop we produce is an act of alchemy, with the perfect blend of knowledge, passion and creativity!
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wine “Bolgheri Greppicante”
- Its older brother “Greppicaia”
- A private VERTICAL TASTING plus a gorgeus wine-pairing LUNCH
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY (southern coast)– Bolgheri (Livorno)
- Visit to the vineyards and the cellar
- Vertical professional tasting of our supertuscan “Greppicaia – Bolgheri DOC Superiore”
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- Science meets art with our winemaking process, every drop we produce is an act of alchemy… or magic.
- Science meets History too: understand why the Etruscans first developed wine in this region more than 3 millennia ago… a natural Coliseum between sea and hills.
- Our guests will be welcomed by qualified personnel who will guide them on a visit to the vineyards and the cellar.
- Therefore, since we are renovating our reception rooms, the vertical professional tasting of our Supertuscan “Greppicaia – Bolgheri DOC Superiore” will take place at our neighbors and friends at the Casa di Terra Farm and foresees the 2015, 2016, and 2017 vintages.
- For enjoying the wine-pairing-LUNCH we will move to the historic center of the picturesque village of Bolgheri, to the typical Tuscan restaurants Enoteca Tognoni or Taverna del Pittore.
- The wine-pairing-MENU includes: Appetizer paired with “Vior” Toscana Bianco, first course with “Bolgheri Greppicante” (our Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wine), main course with “Bolgheri Superiore Greppicaia”, then dessert and coffee.
Science meets art with our winemaking process, every drop we produce is an act of alchemy, with the perfect blend of knowledge, passion and creativity!
- We are a group of wine lovers, scientists, geologists, economists and horticulturalists, who think about wine making differently. Using our expertise, we look to the past, as well as the present and future, so that our wines will be constantly evolving and improving. Our understanding of the rocks and soils, the very basis of terroir, helps us to understand why the Etruscans first developed wine in this region millennia ago. Our viniculture is incorporating the newest scientific techniques together with the vineyard’s traditional Italian winemaking heritage, as our goal is to make great taste accessible, and share the story behind every bottle.
- Tasting notes by James Suckling: Greppicaia – A rich and decadent wine with incense, dark berries and black tea. Full body, integrated fruit in the mid-palate and a juicy, lightly chewy, tannin backbone. 2015; 94 pts. – Greppicante – Currants, blackberries and hints of rosemary and flowers follow through to a full body with decadent fruit, rich meat and leather. Long and flavorful. 2016; 93 pts.
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
1 ADULT (age >18): 240 € per person – MINOR (age 10-17): 70 € per person – CHILD (age 0-9): free
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 1.050 € – from CIVITAVECCHIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 810 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 830 € – from GENOA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 900 € – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 710 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs ): 550 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1.150 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3 (three) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: reservations close 7 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, BALANCE at 48 hours – refund of the deposit 30% if the customer cancels within 48 hours (or before the balance) – no refunds if the customer cancels within 48 hours or if he doesn’t show up – 100% refund of the amount paid if the company cancels at any time.