DISTILLERY & Artisan LIQUEURS
Emilio BORSI Liquori
Cinchona Digestive Elixir China Calisaja
Be introduced to liqueur handcrafting, taste a variety of ancient spirits, have a full Tuscan lunch to test their digestive properties. Hands are the only machines and raw ingredients are only natural and mainly produced here.
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Totally handmade digestive liqueur Elixir China Calisaja
- Liquor of the Shepherd (amazing too, milk and lemon)
- The Amarancia and the Gentian
- Visit of the “alchemic” laboratory
- Gorgeous Tuscan meal with taylor-made 5-6 wines pairing.
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY (southern coast) – Castagneto Carducci (Livorno)
- Totally handmade digestive liqueur Elixir China Calisaja,
- Visit of the “alchemic” laboratory
- Gorgeous Tuscan meal with special wines (wine Spectator’s TOP 100) pairing.
- Begin and finish lunch with Emilio Borsi’s spirits!!!
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- Be introduced to liqueur handcrafting, taste a variety of ancient spirits, have a full Tuscan lunch to test their digestive properties.
- Learn the secrets of modern “alchemists”, taste the power of the nature, enjoy Tuscan plates in a panoramic terrace
- When you arrive you’ll be received by Anna Mario and/or Nicola, the couple of owners and unique workers…
- They’ll show and explain everything about their unique in the world way of making their liqueurs… hands are the only machines and raw ingredients are only natural and mainly produced here.
- A pair of psychopaths: they still produce entirely by hand and following inherited recipes who come from “800, a small range of liqueurs (a total of 5,000 bottles per year only – each single one hand prepared…).
- Above all stands the Elixir of China Calisaja: they pulverize the pieces of bark of cinchona tree by beating them by hand in an old bronze mortar with a so huge pestle (that acquires a sense when you are told that this way you avoid heating during crushing of bark and then the degradation of the active principles … and if you drink a sip after a local lunch made of wild boar you realize that the active ingredients for digestion are active, indeed, very active !!!), not to mention the cold dissolve of sugar in alcohol, various long infusions, filtrature, aging in oak barrels, etc.
- Taste all of their specialties: the China of course, but also the Liquor of the Shepherd (amazing too, milk and lemon), the Amarancia and the Gentian.
- After the visit of this incredible laboratory and the “esotheric” liquers tasting, you’ll reach in five minutes the panoramic restaurant where you can immediately test the digestive properties of Emilio Borsi liqueurs !!!
- LUNCH with a special menù created exclusively for WFTI guests, with an astonishing custom pairing of wines.
APERITIF – Spritz of Castagneto – Glass of dry sparkling wine and “Amarancio” liqueur by “Emilio Borsi Liquori”
STARTER – Del bracconiere: mixed salami of game including wild boar, venison and roe deer, wild boar loin in oil, crouton with roe deer – with wine Barrique Vermentino DOC Podere “Grattamacco”
FIRST COURSE – Straw and hay Frantoiana: fresh homemade pasta topped with champignon mushrooms, olives, pork sausage, tomato and parmesan; or Strigoli with pheasant ragù – with wine Le Volte IGT “Tenuta Ornellaia”
MAIN COURSE – Maremma-style wild boar with Tuscan black olives and dark chocolate – with Guido Alberto wine “Tenuta San Guido”
SIDE – Baked potatoes flavored with rosemary
DESSERT – Zuppa del Conte: cream parfait with pine nuts, almonds and dark chocolate flakes – with Vin Santo wine “Marchesi Antinori”
LIQUOR Digestive “Elixir China Calisaja” by “Emilio Borsi Liquori”.
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
1 ADULT (age >18): 180€ per person – MINOR (age 6-17): 80 € per person – CHILD (age 0-5): 15 € per person
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 1.050 € – from CIVITAVECCHIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 800 € – from GENOA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 910 € – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 720 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 850 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 550 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1.100 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3-4 (three-four) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: reservations close 2 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, BALANCE at 2 days – refund of the deposit 30% if the customer cancels within 2 days (or before the balance) – refund of half of the full amount paid if the customer cancels less than 2 days but more than 24 hours from the event – no refunds if the customer cancels within 24 hours or if he doesn’t show up – 100% refund of the amount paid if the company cancels at any time.