COLTIBUONO - Toscana CANCELLI
Private LUNCH in the owners VILLA
De' Medici - Stucchi - Prinetti family
The noble Mrs. Lorenza De’ Medici and her sons Emanuela, Paolo and Roberto Stucchi Prinetti welcome you in their private Villa. This is the History of wine… more than 500 years…
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wine “Toscana Cancelli” special vertical tasting of historical Riserva
- An incredible Tuscan lunch at the millenary Abbey “Badia a Coltibuono” as a unique environment for your experience.
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
Location: TUSCANY – Gaiole in Chianti (Siena)
- The guided tour: the Renaissance garden, the cloister of the Abbey, the frescoed refectory… etc…
- A very special Vertical Tasting awaits you: WS’s TOP 100, Supertuscans, Chianti Classico…
- Wine pairing LUNCH in the family private Villa to have a marvellous “surprise” menù
- NO ONE ELSE, other than WFTI guests, is usually allowed to eat in the private Villa.
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- Explore a millenary Abbey, enjoy a custom made wine tasting, have an “impossible” lunch in the owners’ family Villa.
- The noble Miss Lorenza De’ Medici and her sons Emanuela, Paolo and Roberto Stucchi Prinetti welcome you. This is the History of wine… more than 500 years…
- Your experience in the millenary Abbey “Badia a Coltibuono” will begin with the guided tour: the Renaissance garden, the cloister of the Abbey, the frescoed refectory, the courtyard and the historic production cellar, then the so-called “Engineer’s” room with billiards and cabreo (ancient geographical document relating to the land properties of Coltibuono), etc.
- A very special Vertical Tasting awaits you: we will start with the TOP 100 of Wine Spectator “Cancelli”, then guided vertical tasting of ten-year Reserves and a “historical” Riserva or we could propose important vintages of the two Coltibuono’s Supertuscan, the “Sangioveto” and the “Montebello”.
- Then for lunch you’ll go to the family private Villa to have a marvellous “surprise” menù with a very special pairing of Coltibuono top wines you tasted in the vertical.
- NO ONE ELSE, other than WFTI guests, is usually allowed to eat in the private Villa. Another absolutely exclusive experience tailored by our expert Marco “Doctor Tuscany” Tenerini.
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
ADULT (age >18): 780 € per person (if 2 people), 600 € per person (if 3 people), 500 € per person (if 4 people), 440 € per person (if 5 people), 400 € per person (if 6 people), 365 € per person (if 7 people), 335 € per person (if 8 people) – MINOR (age 6-17): 110 € per person – INFANT (age 0-5): FREE
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 900 € – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 850 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 700 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 700 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1.100 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four) or more.
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3-4 (three-four) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: reservations close 7 days before event – 50% deposit upon booking, BALANCE at 7 days – refund of the deposit 50% if the customer cancels within 7 days (or before the balance) – refund of half of the full amount paid if the customer cancels less than 7 days but more than 48 hours from the event – no refunds if the customer cancels within 48 hours or if he doesn’t show up – 100% refund of the amount paid if the company cancels at any time.