CHEESE Pecorino at it’s BEST
DAIRY - CASEIFICIO di MANCIANO
Cheesemaker for a day in Tuscany
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
PECORINO CHEESE and the various processes in the cheese factory, plus a CLASSIC TUSCAN LUNCH created specifically to enhance those exceptional cheeses, in pairing with wines from Fattoria Le Pupille (Morellino di Scansano Riserva in Wine Spectator’s TOP 100… full experience at the winery available HERE)
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – Manciano (Grosseto) – Maremma, the wildest area of Tuscany.
- Visit to the various departments of the dairy plant, where each stage of processing will be explained
- Tasting of an assortment of 7/8 representative types of the great variety of our cheeses.
- Very special lunch “cut out” around the products of the Caseificio di Manciano
- Lunch in pairing with Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wines from Fattoria Le Pupille, a prestigious local company in the TOP 100 of Wine Spectator (winery you can visit HERE)
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- Immerse into the wildest area of Tuscany, as a cheesemaker for a day, then enjoy Tuscan lunch with WS’s TOP 100 wines.
- Pecorino (sheep milk) cheese “how to” and then tasted in all of its “variations”, fresh, 2 years aged, organic… and pair them with Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 great wines in a countrystyle classic Tuscan lunch
- Upon arrival you will be greeted by our specialized staff who will introduce you to the history and production philosophy of the Manciano Dairy.
- You will then be accompanied on a visit to the various departments of the plant, where each stage of processing will be explained.
- At the end of the visit there will be a tasting of an assortment of 7/8 representative types of our great variety of our cheeses, accompanied by bread, water and local wine.
- We will then move to the village for a very special lunch “cut out” around the products of the Caseificio di Manciano, also accompanied for lunch by a Dairy guide (the Director himself, if in the factory).
- The MENU is inspired by the best culinary tradition of the Maremma.
- Moreover, it varies according to the season to offer healthier, nutritious, and appetizing foods. We always offer a simple but tasty cuisine, with particular attention to the typical products of the area and the use of first choice materials. Pastas and desserts are always homemade; vegetables, oil, cheeses and wines are carefully selected and purchased from the best local farms.
- Each course, from the appetizer to the dessert, has beencarefully paired with a different wine from Fattoria Le Pupille, a prestigious local company in the TOP 100 of Wine Spectator (winery tht you can visit HERE):
STARTER – ciaffagnoni stuffed with fresh cheese and pears – croutons – good local cold cuts – (WINE – Fattoria Le Pupille Poggio Argentato).
FIRST course – Our tortelli stuffed with ricotta and spinach with sauce of your choice (truffle, butter and sage or ragù) and pici with leek, bacon and pecorino cheese “Grande Vecchio” (aged 24 months) (WINE – Fattoria Le Pupille Morellino di Scansano).
MAIN course – wild boar with wild fennel and a nice selection of cheeses with honey and jams. (WINE – Fattoria Le Pupille Morellino di Scansano Riserva, Wine Spectator’s TOP 100…).
DESSERTS – crumbly cake with ricotta and chocolate flakes or almond parfait with chocolate. (Dessert WINE – Le Pupille SolAlto).
WATER and COFFEE
Handmade digestive LIQUEUR by Jacobelli Liquori Capalbio (Distillery that you can visit HERE).
- OPTIONAL JOURNEY:
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
- Experience Only Prices
1 ADULT (age >18): 120 € per person – MINOR (age 6-17): 60 € per person – CHILD (age 0-5): FREE
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 1.155 € – from CIVITAVECCHIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 500 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 1.050 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 780 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 850 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3-4 (three-four) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: reservations close 10 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, BALANCE at 10 days – refund of the deposit 30% if the customer cancels within 10 days (or before the balance) – refund of half of the full amount paid if the customer cancels less than 10 days but more than 48 hours from the event – no refunds if the customer cancels within 48 hours or if he doesn’t show up – 100% refund of the amount paid if the company cancels at any time.