CASTELLO di QUERCETO
Chianti Classico Riserva WS TOP 100
Private guest at the Castle
Visit Marquis’s private residence in the Castle, tour a 1100 a.D. cellar, drink aperitif on the tower, vertical tasting of Wine Spectator’s TOP 100, have lunch at the table of Marquis François…
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- CHIANTI CLASSICO RISERVA DOCG – Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 of the World (TWICE!!!) – Vertical tasting of Vintages 1978 – 1999 – 2016
- Supertuscan QUERCETO ROMANTIC IGT- James Suckling’s 96 points
- Supertuscan CIGNALE IGT- James Suckling’s 95 points
- Sparkling FRANCOIS 1° – Chardonnay – Classic method
- Sparkling FRANCOIS 2° Rosè – Pinot Noir and Chardonnay – Classic method
- VIN SANTO del Chianti Classico DOC – Dessert wine from dried grapes – Alcohol: 16,5%
- L’ARZENTE del Castello – Distillate of wine – 6 years aging in fruit trees casks – Alcohol: 42%
- L’ACQUAVITE del Castello – Grappa – Marc distillate – Alcohol: 42% (for cooking the Risotto)
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – CHIANTI CLASSICO area – Castello di Querceto, Greve in Chianti (Florence)
- Visit of the private residence in the castle.
- Guided tour of the entire winery.
- Sparkling wines aperitif on top of the tower.
- Vertical wine tasting of Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wine.
- Classy lunch as personal guests of the Marquis François family at their table in the hall of honor, enjoying top Supertuscans wines.
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
A DREAM-COME-TRUE PRIVATE LUXURY EXPERIENCE
- Enter the walls of the Castle and visit the Marquis private residence with the Chapel and the Italian Garden.
- Guided tour of the entire winery, both in the new high-tech modern areas and in the 1.100 a.D. cellars (an underground which was once the armory of the castle) where are still archived historical bottles older than one century.
- On top of the tower, with an incredible panorama of the valley leading to Florence, enjoy your aperitif with the two magnificent sparkling wines (white and rosè) made in Tuscany by this noble family of French origins, paired with classy finger-food.
- Then you’ll attend a professional vertical wine tasting of Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wine Chianti Classico Riserva (vintages 1978 !!! 1999 !!! 2016).
- Classy lunch as personal guests of the Marquis François family at their table in the hall of honor, with pairing of the top Supertuscans of the Castle.
- Absolutely WFTI exclusive and unique experience custom taylored by our expert Marco “DoctorTuscany” Tenerini.
LUNCH MENU & pairing TOP wines and spirits
- First course: “Acquavite del Castello” Grappa RISOTTO (marc distillate perfume rice) (or tomato pasta for children) paired with “Vin Santo” (aged raisin wine) DOC of the Chianti Classico
- Main course with side dish: STEWED WILD BOAR with “flask white beans” paired with Supertuscan “Cignale” IGT Hills of Central Tuscany
- Cheese: PECORINO TOSCANO (sheep cheese) paired with Supertuscan “Romantic” IGT Hills of Central Tuscany
- Dessert: ALMONDS SEMIFREDDO with crunchy caramel paired with “L’Arzente del Castello” (aged wine distillate)
- Italian Coffee
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
1 ADULT (age >18): 620 € per person (if 2 people), 485 € per person (if 3-4-5 people), 415 € per person (if 6-7-8 people) – CHILD (age 6-17): 45 € per person – 1 INFANT (age 0-5): FREE
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 795 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 575 € – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 715 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 555 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1070 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3 (three) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: reservations close 7 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, total balance within 72 hours before the event – NO refunds if canceled by the guest within 72 hours before the event, FULL refund if canceled by the company at any time.