Brunello di Montalcino
CASANUOVA delle CERBAIE
Winemaker's private collection bottles
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
Brunello di Montalcino 1998 (27th wine in 2003 Wine Spectator‘s TOP 100)… and a vertical tasting of 3 other old vintages impossible to find elsewhere with bottles from the owner private collection!!!
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – Montalcino (Siena)
- Upon your arrival at the cottage a glass of fresh Rosé wine or a good coffee
- Guided walk in the vineyards, visit of the winery.
- Vertical guided tasting of Brunello di Montalcino in 4 historical vintages from the owner’s personal reserve
- LUNCH: 4-course meal cooked by our expert local cook, originality, culinary tradition of the area and seasonal variations
- Taylor-made wine pairing
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
- Brunello di Montalcino 1998 (27th in 2003 Wine Spectator‘s TOP 100): a WFTI exclusive directly from the winemaker private cellar.
- The classic Tuscan family run farm: vineyards, olive groves, traditional home cooking and family’s historical bottles.
- You will be greeted upon your arrival at the cottage with a glass of fresh Rosé wine or a good coffee.
- Then a brief introduction to the territory and history of Brunello during the walk in the vineyards, visit of the winery and aging cellars with the choreographic traditional large barrels.
- And finally the moment of the vertical guided tasting of Brunello di Montalcino in 4 historical vintages: Brunello di Montalcino 1998 (27th wine in 2003 Wine Spectator ‘s TOP 100), Brunello di Montalcino Riserva 2001, Brunello di Montalcino 2006, Brunello di Montalcino 2012.
- As regards the wines of this historical vertical tasting, we are proud to be able to say that in order to offer a truly unique tasting experience (absolutely impossible elsewhere) we chose historical vintages from the owner’s personal reserve. These vintages, in a very limited number of bottles, can also be purchased exclusively by the participants in this WFTI experience.
- For LUNCH, all cooked by our expert local cook, originality, culinary tradition of the area and seasonal variations will distinguish the 4-course meal of our welcome guests: appetizer, first course, second course with meat and side dish, dessert, coffee and our spirit Grappa di Brunello di Montalcino.
- Wines served in studied pairing with the dishes: Toscana Rosso 2016, Rosso di Montalcino 2019, Brunello di Montalcino 2013, Brunello di Montacino 2015.
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
- Experience Only Prices
1 ADULT (age >18): 160 € per person – MINOR (age 6-17): 25 € per person – CHILD (age 0-5): free
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 950 € – from CIVITAVECCHIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 700 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 650 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 770 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 950 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3 (three) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: reservations close 48 hours before event – 30% deposit upon booking, total balance within 48 hours before the event – refund of the 30% deposit if the customer cancels within 48 hours (or before the balance) – no refunds if the customer cancels within 48 hours or if he does not show up.