Private tastings at CAPEZZANA
Carmignano VILLA di CAPEZZANA
Tuscany, away from the mad crowd
The noble family who donated masterpieces of art to the UFFIZI National Museum in Florence hosts you for a unique Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 vertical tasting plus a classic Tuscan lunch…
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wine “Villa di Capezzana Carmignano DOCG”
- Vertical tasting of 4 old vintages (2016 – 2010 – 2007 – 2005) impossible to find elsewhere.
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – Carmignano (PO)
- Guests of a noble family in a corner of Tuscany away from the madding crowd
- Private guided tour of the entire winery.
- Private vertical wine tasting of Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wine.
- Light Tuscan lunch with taylor-made wine pairing
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
Be part of HISTORY!!!
- Complete professional private tour of the cellar, oil mill and vinsantaia guided by an English speaking expert.
- Private vertical tasting of Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 “Villa di Capezzana Carmignano DOCG” (vintages 2016 – 2010 – 2007 – 2005).
- 4-course wine-paired light lunch in our classic Tuscan smart style “La Vinsantaia” Wine Bar (seasonal menu proposals coming soon).
- In Carmignano the vine was already cultivated in the pre-Roman era, about 3000 years ago, as shown by the wine vessels and tasting bowls found in the Etruscan tombs.
- In the state archives of Florence, a parchment dated 804 was found: it is a rental contract that documents how olive trees and vines were grown in Capezzana as early as 1200 years ago for the production of oil and wine.
- In the early Renaissance, a woman, Monna Nera Bonaccorsi, built the first “casa da Signori” and nine farmhouses with the relative wine-growing plants: it was 1475.
- YES, you’ll be part of History!
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
1 ADULT (age >18): 230 € per person (if 2 people), 155 € per person (if 3-4-5 people), 120 € per person (if 6-7-8 people) – CHILD (age 0-17): 35 € per person
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 750 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 600 € – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 635 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 515 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1.190 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four).
- IMPORTANT: the ON SITE experience lasts about 3 (three) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 8 (eight) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: Reservations close 3 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, total balance within 72 hours – NO refunds if canceled by the guest, FULL refund if canceled by the company.