COOKING CLASS "Zero food miles"
at winery ARCANUM - Toscana Il FAUNO
TENUTA di ARCENO
Exclusive formula – Only 4 people will have an apartment in an ancient village, there they’ll have fun with our professional chef to prepare and enjoy a Tuscan lunch with wine pairing
SUPERSTARS OF THE EXPERIENCE
- Our professional chef teaching to prepare and then enjoy: Bruschette, tagliatelle, ravioli, chicken, pork stuffed, scallops, dessert panna cotta or tiramisu.
- Our wines: Chianti Classico (based on Sangiovese), Il Fauno IGT (Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wine, based on Merlot) and Valadorna IGT (based on Cabernet Franc),
- Absolutely exclusive, private and unique experience.
- Location: TUSCANY – CHIANTI CLASSICO area – San Gusmè – Castelnuovo B.ga (Siena)
- Full classic Tuscan lunch “from farm to fork”.
- Exclusive formula: 4 people only per class.
- Pairing with Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wine.
- Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Franc: to understand the differences in expression of the 3 different types of grape
- Optional Journey: Travel in luxury car or van. English speaking and wine-food expert chauffeur. Scenic drive through Tuscany.
ONLINE BOOKING SUSPENDED
DUE TO COVID-19
We are happy to give you any more details, and inform on restart.
Call or message us.
ABSOLUTELY PRIVATE COOKING CLASS EXPERIENCE
- English speaking Chef will teach how to prepare a classic Tuscan meal and the right wine pairing
- An exclusive formula – Only 4 people who will have an apartment available in the ancient village of San Gusmè and there they can have fun with our professional chef to prepare and then enjoy: Bruschette, tagliatelle (with ragù or porcini) or ravioli (butter and sage), chicken with olives or pork stuffed with sage and ham or scallops in wine and for dessert panna cotta or tiramisu.
- The course, the preparation and the meal will be accompanied by our wines: Chianti Classico (based on Sangiovese), Il Fauno IGT (Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 wine, based on Merlot) and Valadorna IGT (based on Cabernet Franc), one bottle per type, so they can understand also the differences in expression of the 3 different types of grape.
- Duration about 5 hours. The menu is only illustrative and can be varied in relation to the needs of guests and seasons.
- Absolutely WFTI exclusive and unique experience custom taylored by our expert Marco “DoctorTuscany” Tenerini.
- Private one-day luxury roundtrip in comfortable air-conditioned passenger van or car, with a professional and long experienced driver. Your chauffer speaks English and he’s an expert of Wine and Food. Pick-up and drop-off service in Departure location
PRICES & TIMING:
- Experience Only Prices
NOTE: MAX 4 People in total – ADULT (age >18): 275 € per person – CHILD (age 10-17): 190 € per person
- Optional Journey Prices (fixed up to 8 passengers)
From BOLOGNA (12 hrs): 890 € – from CIVITAVECCHIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 770 € – from FLORENCE (12 hrs): 670 € – from LA SPEZIA Cruise Port (8 hrs): 815 € – from LIVORNO Cruise Port (8 hrs): 650 € – from ROME (12 hrs): 1010 €
- Please note that if you buy the FULL package, WITH the Optional Journey, this is always a FULL DAY experience of a total of 8 (eight) hours (tipically when your departure point is a PORT where you arrive on a cruise and this is a “shore excursion”), but if your departure point is a CITY the tour will be of a total of 10 (ten) or 12 (twelve) hours, so you’ll be able to enjoy everything more relaxed and have the time to visit, if you like, some marvellous other places nearby.
- If you buy the EXPERIENCE only, WITHOUT the Journey, this will include minimum of 3 (three) hours “on site”, up to 4 (four) or more.
- IMPORTANT: this ON SITE experience lasts about 5 (five) hours and STARTS between 10.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. – NO LATE ADMITTING (our Optional Journeys are organized accordingly and start between 08.00 a.m. and 09.00 a.m., eventually ask for details).
- Number of People: min 2 (two), max 4 (four) – please note that this is an absolutely PRIVATE tour, so you’ll never be mixed with other people.
- If you don’t find your desidered departure place in the above list, don’t worry and please click HERE to browse by “DEPARTURES” main menù and find another extraordinary experience available from your starting point.
- Not included – All the goods you’d like to buy at the company shop or in any other place during the experience – Everything not detailed above.
- Legal note on alchool: 0<17 years old people are NOT allowed to drink ALCOHOL. So they’re absolutely welcome in joining this tour, enjoy the experience, the visit and the meals, but CAN NOT drink any kind of ALCOHOL (wine, spirits, etc.) (that’s the reason why the big difference in price)
- We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with even a single glass of wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers obviously DO NOT DRINK at all.
- PAYMENTS, CANCELLATIONS and REFUNDS POLICY: Reservations close 7 days before event – 30% deposit upon booking, total balance within 72 hours – NO refunds if canceled by the guest, FULL refund if canceled by the company.