General info & notes
- VINTAGES. The availability of the exact vintages as in the description is NOT guaranteed: when no longer available they will be replaced with different vintages of similar quality and price.
- TASTINGS. During the tastings the quantities of product served are the professional standard ones. Wine tastings are usually accompanied by small quantities of food, designed to enhance the sensations of wine, which are not a real meal.
- MEALS. During meals, the quantities of food and drinks included in the price are the standard ones of Italian law, although almost always calculated by individual operators in a very abundant manner. By “Light Lunch” we mean a very light meal in terms of quantity of food, in any case of very high quality, designed to pleasantly complete the tasting of wines in combination with the right dishes. By “Full Lunch” we mean a real complete meal, of the number of courses described, with the right quantities of food, if not abundant, always including the right wines. The dishes on the menu in the description are only examples, considering that all menus vary seasonally. However, all menus and related wine pairings have been specially designed for WFTI.
- FOOTWEAR. None of the WFTI experiences involve strenuous walking, at most a leisurely stroll through vineyards or climbing the steps of a medieval tower. Normal comfortable shoes are therefore sufficient; however, we’d like to advise ladies to avoid stilettos.
- REDUCED MOBILITY PEOPLE & CHILDREN. Considering that many of the experiences take place in ancient palaces, such as villas and castles, and also with visits to the countryside (vineyards, etc.), we advise you to always check with your retailer in your specific case what are the possible difficulties in using the experience for people with reduced mobility. Similarly, considering that most of the experiences are wine-related, often including explanations of a technical and / or historical nature, minors (0-17 years old) may not find the experience itself entirely suitable for them. On the first page of each experience, however, we have tried to provide you with a general indication of these problems, the “traffic light with smiley faces”: red means experience not recommended, yellow means usable experience but perhaps with difficulty on which to ask for details, green means experience fully usable.
- DRESS CODE (suggested). Almost all WFTI experiences take place in countryside locations (countryside locations that can also be luxurious ancient villas or castles where the noble owners still reside…) So, keep in mind that often your host is a noble family and that they will let you into their historic private homes and that the restaurants, even if perhaps with a rustic look, are always of a very high standard. To make you feel at ease at all times and in any case, our Experiences Creator Marco Tenerini therefore recommends a classic type of clothing, without excesses, elegant without being formal… trying to avoid shorts for gentlemen and sneakers in general.
- SUMMER. It is recommended to wear sunglasses and sunhats in the summer months as it gets quite hot.
- DURATION. In the detail of each experience you’ll find the “ON-SITE” duration, however the indicated number of hours is approximated to plus/minus 1 hour. “ON-SITE” duration means from arrival to the location until the end of the experience and departure and does NOT include the duration of the trips to reach the location and the return (as well as the price of the experience is always intended NOT including these same trips)
- OPTIONAL JOURNEY. We strongly suggest to add the Optional Journey – If you are going at the location of the experience with your car, you are “forced” to provide that one of the adults in your group (who will drive on the way back) DO NOT DRINK alcohol – If you drive with wine in the belly you risk hefty fines. For your SAFETY our professional drivers DO NOT DRINK at all. the price of the trips to reach the location from your “base” and the relative return is always NOT included in the price of the experience and will be calculated by your dealer according to your needs.
- PRIVATE. All WFTI experiences are private. This means that you’ll be never merged with other people, on the contrary, in most cases, that day is reserved exclusively for you. In some cases it is possible to add the option of the exclusive use of a room or terrace for lunch.
- “NOT AVAILABLE” DAYS 2023. All standard Italian public holidays (Jan. 1 – Epiphany, Jan. 6 – Carnival, Feb. 21 – Easter, Apr. 9 – Easter Monday, Apr. 10 – Apr. 25 – May 1 – Jun. 2 – St. Peter and Paul (Rome), Jun. 29 – Aug. 15 – Nov. 1 – Sant’Ambrogio (Milan), 7 Dec. – Dec. 8 – Dec. 25 – Dec. 26 – Dec. 31 – Jan. 1, 2024) – PLUS some LOCAL holidays (details in the single experience notes).
- PEOPLE. The presence in the experiences of members of the family of the owners, Nobles, etc. it is NOT guaranteed… They are usually present, but in case of previous commitments, they are replaced by highly qualified corporate Ambassadors or executives.
- ALCOHOLIC drinks for under-18s. The quantity of alcoholic beverages (wine, spirits, liquors, etc.) included in tastings and in the meals does NOT include portions for minors (under 18 years of age) because minors can NOT be served alcoholic beverages.
- All the goods (products and/or services) you’d like to buy at the company or at the restaurant or in any other place during the experience and that are NOT mentioned in the “included” list.
- If you do not add also the optional journey, all kind of transports are NOT included (e.g.: transfer from your hotel to the location of the experience, transfer from the winery to the restaurant, etc.)
- In general terms, all our experiences always include: a) guided tour of the company – b) guided tasting of the products – c) a meal (light or full) focused on the products of the company protagonist of the experience, complete with the right wines. For more details see the “included” list of each experience.
FILL THE FORM TO REQUEST INFO
When you fill out the information request form, you DO NOT make any commitment and your form will be sent, for the sole purpose of providing you with all the practical and commercial details of your interest, to a legally operational, registered and licensed Travel Agency.
Some of our proposal
“Prosecco” Menù of Venetian gourmanderies
The Prosecco inside Cipriani’s cocktail BELLINI
UNESCO World Heritage Site: Prosecco Hills
Venetian custom wine pairing menù
Prosecco Brut: 91 pts. by James Suckling
Collalbrigo Prosecco is the wine that is worlwide used by the officials CIPRIANI and HARRY’s Bar barmans to prepare the original BELLINI cocktail.
Private Top100 wine tasting & wine pairing lunch
ARCANUM Toscana “Il FAUNO” wine tasting
Wine Spectator's Top100
Supertuscans wines between Florence and Siena
Chef prepared Tuscan wine pairing lunch
Supertuscans wines halfway between Florence and Siena, the heart of Tuscany, plus Professional Chef prepared Tuscan lunch with “zero food miles” ingredients…
005 Tenuta di Arceno
Learn the secrets of modern alchemists
DISTILLERY Wine & Food tour in Tuscany
Tuscan handcrafted Spirits & Liqueurs
Tuscan full LUNCH with wine & spirits pairing
Traditional ancient recipes for digestive liqueurs
Be introduced to liqueur handcrafting, taste a variety of ancient spirits, have a full Tuscan lunch to test their digestive properties. Hands are the only machines and raw ingredients are only natural and mainly produced here.
Venetian cuisine + the secrets of wine-food pairing
Venetian PRIVATE COOKING CLASS in Renaissance Villa
Food lovers & Wine lovers VIP experience
With a 6 times Wine Spectator Top100 wine!!!
Handmade pasta, spicy Brasato with Amarone, rustic Sbrisolona cake
Absolutely private cooking class in a reserved hall of Villa della Torre (an Italian Renaissance palace), handmade traditional pasta, the spicy Brasato with Amarone, the rustic Sbrisolona cake!
059 Allegrini cook
“Best in Wine Tourism” luxury estate
Wine Spectator Top100 & Best in Wine Tourism tour
The Dante Alighieri’s son winery opens for visit
Wine lovers wine pairing lunch: 7 courses with 7 wines
Masi AMARONE della Valpolicella Classico Serègo Alighieri Vaio Armaron
Taste a Wine Spectator Top 100 wine in an awarded “Best in Wine Tourism” luxury estate, enjoy a special “Grand Wine Pairing Lunch” in a relaxed classic Italian country location.
064 Masi Serego Alighieri
“Best in Wine Tourism” luxury estate
Amarone wine tour of Masi Tenuta Canova, Lake Garda
Best of food & wine on the shores of Lake Garda
+ Tasting wines from Dante Alighieri’s son estate
Grand wine pairing lunch: 7 courses + 7 pairing wines from Boscaini private cellar
In an awarded “Best in Wine Tourism” luxury estate taste our Wine Spectator Top 100 wine, enjoy a special “Grand Wine Pairing Lunch” in a relaxed classic Italian country location.
138 Masi Canova
Giacomo Grassi’s class on Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The MEDICI’s of Florence EVO OIL suppliers
Extra Virgin Olive Oil masterclass in Chianti
Tuscan "oil & wine pairing" menù
The Grassi family, licensed olive growers by the Medici of Florence in 1563, welcomes you in the world of Tuscan Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The secrets of EVO Oil from one of the most awarded producers in the world