About Wine & Food Tours in Italy
What we do
This site has the purpose of presenting the products and services in the catalogue to the public and advertising them.
This site has the intention and function of making Italy’s food and wine culture of the highest level known and of promoting the possibility of living experiences that they will remember for a lifetime to a selected international public.
This site is NOT a newspaper and has no periodicity.
This site is NOT an e-commerce site.
Our catalogue in 10 points
- 150 WINE & FOOD ONE-DAY EXPERIENCES: EXCLUSIVE, LUXURY, PRIVATE
- 4 interest categories: Rare WINES, FOOD Gems, COOKING Classes, Astonishing LOCATIONS
- Selection criterion: wineries must have been at least once in Wine Spectator magazine TOP 100 in the last 20 years, food producers must be one of the most awarded in the world, cooking classes must be “unique”, locations must be astonishing.
- Additional selection criteria: as we do not sell bottles, we selected amazing historical places, absolutely unique people, incredible products with astonishing stories to tell.
- We’re covering entire Italy, from the Alpes to Sicily.
- About 70 hot experiences in Tuscany, other 80 smartly distributed for a minimum of 4 per area (so, if the experience you have chosen is not available, we are able to answer you with the perfect alternatives)… and we’re constantly adding new incredible discoveries!!
- PRIVATE & ALL-INCLUSIVE: tailor-made visit, tailor-made tasting, tailor-made lunch with tailor-made wine pairing (to be added only transfer from your “pick up place” to experience location and back)
- Maniacal attention to details: care without exception of absolute typicality, coherence in all aspects, finishing up to the definition of absolute perfection and completeness (we discussed with the chefs also the brand of the coffee…)
- Price range (experience only, per person, Euro): the price range varies from 200 to 20,000 euros per person, with an average price of less than 500 euros per person – At WFTI we believe Luxury is not (always) a matter of money.
- Only ON REQUEST: as these exclusive experiences are all tailor-made events, most of the time involving exclusive locations and VIP, they will be held only on request and must be booked a lot in advance.
Do you want to book one of our tours?
It’s super easy!
Choose your favorite tour, let us know where we can pick you up and the day you prefer; we take care of everything else and we will reply to your email right away!
Choose your favorite tour
Choose where you want to start from
Choose your preferred date
FILL THE FORM TO REQUEST INFO
If you have already found your favorite tour, fill out the form on the relevant page.
Our catalogue in detail
Only the BEST of the BEST, from Wine Spectator TOP 100 wineries to Super Gold Award dairies, to the most awarded distillery in the world, to the olive oil supplier for the Medici’s family.
- RARE WINES (WS’s TOP100, Historic)
- FOOD GEMS (Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cold Cuts & Butchery, Cheeses, Chocolate & Desserts, Liqueurs, Spirits & Cigars, Pasta, Truffles, Sauces & Ready Meals)
- COOKING ACADEMIES (Tuscan, Italian, Thematic, Pastry).
Each single experience is absolutely EXCLUSIVE (tailor-made for WFTI only).
ONE-DAY experiences packaged “ALL INCLUSIVE – TURNKEY”, about 50% taking place in Tuscany, but also distributed almost ALL OVER ITALY. The only OPTION is the trip: to have a LIMOUSINE chauffeur service or HELICOPTER. Most experiences are available on request in 2 versions, one “FULL” and one “COMPACT” in order to make them accessible in SHORE EXCURSION mode by the main Italian cruise ports.
MODULARITY – As those are all ONE DAY experiences they’re ready to be used as “BRICKS” to create MULTI-DAY journeys: the Travel Agency that will receive your info request form can easily add same high level ACCOMODATIONS (a lot of the wineries offers also hotel services in castles, villas or farms) and TRANSPORT (with long experience English speaking drivers) to build, for example, geographical or thematic weeks, packaged and turnkey.
All experiences are PRIVATE, take place only ONCE A DAY and always include a custom TOUR guided by experts, a professional custom TASTING, a MEAL (inside winery or at a near restaurant) with a complete custom menu with drinks (from aperitif to liqueur after coffee).
Simply the top
Selected with obsessive attention to quality and livability, tailor-made, predefined in every detail, packaged in a closed experience-package: our beloved guests have NO WAY OF GETTING LOST IN OPTIONS AND VARIANTS.
Designed in the smallest details by a Wine & Food expert in collaboration with internationally awarded producers and famous chefs to rise above any experience available before.
Groups up to maximum 8 guests (adults & minors) with just a few exceptions.
Guided for the whole experience by an Ambassador or one of the owners who for that day is dedicated only to you.
You are NEVER MERGED with other people, on the contrary, in most cases, that day is reserved exclusively for YOU.
The primary selection criteria was to contact Italian wineries that, from 1999 to today, have been at least once in the TOP 100 ranking of Wine Spectator magazine.
With these wonderful wine producers I’ve organized and tailor-made absolutely unique and exclusive experiences, something above any other ever proposed before.
- a dedicated Ambassador or one person of the family as guide
- visit in places that are closed to every other tourist
- bottles taken from the personal collections of the owners
- vertical tastings usually reserved for journalists or professionals
- if lunch is in the villa or castle, a member of the noble family at the table and a custom wine pairing menu.
Marco Tenerini is constantly dealing with a selection of NOBLE families to obtain their CASTLES, HISTORICAL PALACES and VILLAS (usually closed as they’re private residences) as locations for our most incredible experiences and to have a member of the family receiving our guests.
We mean places as the palace (and the bed) where Emperor Bonaparte slept or the summer residence of the Popes.
We mean people like a Princess of the Holy Roman Empire.
I searched for the most famous and worldwide awarded food artisans that enjoy extreme international visibility for prestigious awards in their respective sectors: awarded by authoritative competition and experts (Flos Olei, Der Feinschmecker, World Spirits Award, Saveur 100, World Cheese Awards, Slow Food, Academy of Chocolate, Forbes, Luxure, Michelin Guide… etc.).
With these food artists I’ve organized and tailor-made absolutely unique and exclusive experiences (most of them in pairing with WS’s TOP100 wines in wine-tasting-menus tailor-made by starred chefs and sommeliers exclusively for WFTI).
I asked all the wineries and food artisans if they were able to organize private and special Cooking Classes, and also searched for the most authoritative Cooking Academies in Italy.
ALL WFTI cooking classes are PRIVATE, they are THEMATIC (Renaissance cuisine, Classic Tuscany, Pastry, Roman Empire, etc.), include lessons on wine pairings (mostly WS’s TOP100 wines), are held by award-winning professional CHEFS and will be held in amazing locations.
These will be part of the experience when meal are not available inside the winery/factory.
Positively reviewed by experts and end customers, starred or “historic”. With them I’ve created an EXCLUSIVE MENU designed specifically for matching with the wines or products of the key player of the experience.
Some of our proposal
2011, 2013, 2014 Best Olive Oil in the World
The secrets of ORGANIC Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil WORLD CHAMPION
PRO oil tasters Class & Oil pairing lunch (seafood or meat)
Where Ulysses was taken prisoner by the sorceress Circe
Extra Virgin Olive Oil WORLD CHAMPION: the secrets of ORGANIC Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the magic of the Odyssey, plus full Oil pairing lunch by the sea
Distillery visit + private YACHT tour
Spirits & Liqueurs tour + private YACHT cruise, Puglia
Distillery visit, tour of Castle, Museum, Crypt
Onboard fish lunch + spirits and liquors tasting & masterclass
Mediterranean Spirits & Liquor making, history, sea-food, open sea bathing...
A full immersion (really…) day: in Mediterranean liquor making visiting a distillery, in history, in sea-food, in open sea bathing & sunbathing + a spirits masterclass!!!
129 Liquorificio Essentiae Yacht
Michelin stars need “hard” work
The "BEST Italian PASTRY Chef" Academy
Dessert Cooking Class PRO-AM version
On the Tuscan coast an amazing SWEET class
Cook with a Michelin starred pastry chef
Become an expert on high class and trendy pastry making playing live with a starred dessert Chef. Former dessert Chef at Adrià’s EL BULLI, CRACCO PECK, Enoteca PINCHIORRI… now teaches YOU!!!
032 Lory pastry academy cook
Wine Spectator BEST WINE LIST Award
AMARONE Tommasi: wine lovers private wine tour
Lunch at Wine Spectator's Best Wine List restaurant
Private guided tour of Verona
PRO wine experience + Wine pairing lunch + Verona walking tour
The Tommasi family is pleased to welcome you to its estate in the heart of Valpolicella Classica, a few steps from the historic center of beautiful Verona, to introduce you to the history of this unique area and its wines.
050 Tommasi TW
A Pope’s table in the Renaissance
Private Cooking Class in the Pope's summer residence
Cook dishes of the papal court with the most prestigious Lazio wines
Food lovers wine tour & Renaissance history lovers tour paired
Plus Visit of the Apostolic Palace and Barberini Gardens
A jump into Renaissance: PRIVATE Cooking Class & Lunch with wine tasting on the Pope’s organic arm plus visit of the Apostolic Palace and Barberini Gardens.
106 inROME Cook Pope
Extra Virgin Olive Oil CHEF lunch
Extra Virgin Olive Oil lovers tour, tasting, CHEF lunch
Oil Mill private visit guided by The Miller
Olive Oil tasting & judging Masterclass
Tree Therapy in the ultra-centenary olive grove
Extra Virgin Olive Oil lovers perfect private experience: a day with the miller, oil masterclass & oil-pairing CHEF prepared lunch with Wine Spectator Top 100 wines
116 Frantoio Ciccolella (Oil Mill)
TRUFFLE hunting, judging, cooking (Jan.01-Sept.09)
Tuscany: TRUFFLE Hunting + Truffle Masterclass
Private Cooking Class on using truffles in kitchen
Truffle based lunch with perfect wine pairing
Food lovers & Truffle enthusiasts tour in TUSCANY
TRUFFLE King of Cuisine. Hunting, Cooking, Enjoying (Jan. 01-Sept. 09): all the secrets unveiled for you. Walk to the wood, cooking class, lunch with what found in the woods
046 Savini Tartufi (Jan.01-Sept.09)